Saturday, May 9, 2009

The draft isn't just for the NFL

Terry and I haven't had any special guests since the Jackhammer (see Just Say No). I know it's important to him and since he's my boyfriend, I should try to support that. That being said, he's been Harry Holdout lately and I would welcome the attention. Since my favorite special guest recently informed me that he moved to Southern California, we've been trying to find a replacement.

Much like the NFL draft, you have to look at all the potential prospects and try and find a winner. Last week I posted an ad on craigslist to try and find some new special guests. The real problem with special guests is that you always have to keep few on reserve at all times. You have to screen a lot of people and usually only one or two will work out. Combine that with that fact that each person will probably only be around for a month or so, this is an exhausting task.

I wish there was an easier way to find special guests but an easier way would probably result in everyone being in my business and I don't like that. Terry told me that he didn't want to do the picking because it's overwhelming- I feel the same way but I like having the control over who gets to be the special guest. It just feels like work and there's no getting around that.

The time between when I started this post and when it actually made the blog was more than 2 weeks. In that time, I found out that my second favorite guest got a girlfriend and wouldn't be available anymore. What the fuck?! Now I really have to look at all the prospects and hope one turns out. Maybe there's an all-star waiting to be discovered. One things for sure, there will be plenty of busts.

No comments: