Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Psycho resurfaces

About a week ago, I got an unexpected phone call.  It was from Roger the psycho guy I went out with. (See post "Golden Rule" ).  Now I hadn't talked to him in almost a month and was feeling pretty good about not having to talk to him ever again.  He left me a message saying that he's been busy with work but would love to get together for dinner.  What the hell?!  Is this guy bi-polar?  Did he forget that when I told him he over reacted, he hung the phone up on me like a 17 year old?  Or that he flipped out on me about paying for drinks during our date?  

I didn't bother to return his call and had already decided that if he called back, I'd tell him I was seeing someone.  But while I was thinking of how to handle Roger, it occurred to me that he might start calling me non-stop.  Fuck.  So far I haven't heard from him but who knows when he's going to forget that we don't talk and decide to call me again. 

2 comments:

Memoirs of a Dead Girl said...

Tell him you'd love to hang out but your too busy dealing with your 10 year old twin kids trying to live with you and it's really complicated.

Or tell him you contracted a very serious spreadable disease.

The Wildhairgirl said...

I hadn't thought about a serious spreadable disease. I'm going to need to put that in my rotation of excuses. The beauty of that is that no one wants any of the details.